With its focused programme approach, in-house specialists and network of NHS and independent resources, NHS IMAS supports its NHS clients to meet a broad spectrum of challenges. Support is tailored to the needs of the client and can include elements of one or more of the following:
NHS IMAS can pull together individuals or teams to provide short or medium term capacity and capability. This can be someone to fill a position that is vacant or a role devised to support a specific initiative or as part of a transformational change programme.
NHS IMAS can supply an individual or team to offer advice and expertise or to lead a specific piece of work in your organisation. Examples of consultancy work we have delivered include undertaking service reviews such as maternity services and information management and technology, developing a strategic vision for an organisation and Board development.
NHS IMAS can play a unique role in supporting whole organisational renewal by deploying and supporting key individuals. It can use a critical mass of resources to have a major impact where there are severe challenges, the need for significant transformational change, or both.
NHS IMAS has carried out assignments in all types of NHS organisations across the country including Acute Trusts, Foundation Trusts, Ambulance Trusts, commissioning organisations such as Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Integrateted Care Organisations and National organisations such as NHS England and the Department of Health and Social Care. Examples of the assignments managed include:
- Provided Incident Director, Incident Manager and Emergency Preparedness, Resilience and Response (EPRR) support to the National Incident Co-ordination Centre (NICC)
- Provided expertise to the Vaccination Programme at both a national and local level
- Provided Director support for Corporate Governance to a Mental Health Trust
- Provided Covid-19 response and recovery executive support to an Ambulance Trust
- Provided Programme Director support to the Think NHS 111 First Programme
- Provided Urgent and Emergency Care Operations and Nursing Advice at a national level
- Provided Director support for People and Corporate Services to a CCG
Learn about the ways NHS IMAS can support your organisation.
To discuss your organisation's requirements, please contact the core team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 486 0132.
The great thing about NHS IMAS is that they are able to provide high-quality, short-term support, which offers real value for money, at exactly the moment you need it – something that often is not available from any other source.
Chief Executive, Acute Foundation Trust
Using NHS IMAS provided a flexible and cost effective way to bring experience and challenge into the Trust. This enabled us to learn from elsewhere and consider alternative ways of resolving problems.
Deputy Chief Executive, Acute Foundation Trust